Video: 1-Minute Meditations for Living With Cancer
1-minute meditations for living with cancer
Practicing mindfulness boosts your body's ability to heal and calms your mind.
Try mini-meditations that fit into even the most stressful day.
- Start your day with gratitude. Picture the faces of 5 people you're grateful for and send a silent thanks to each.
- Take 5 deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly to relax your stress response and boost your immune system.
- Picture a favorite place. Your brain's neurons will fire almost as if you're there.
- Look at an everyday object. Put your focus on simple details to clear your mind and calm the moment.
- Listen closely. Notice the sounds around you to improve focus and cut through fog and stress.
- Savor a bite. Experience the flavor and texture to focus on the present and away from worry.
- Try a walking meditation. Repeat a comforting phrase as you step and breathe. Try "I am here. This is healing."
Guidance from the doctors, nurses and specialists for cancer care at Mayo Clinic.